We are Family Friendly!!!
We pride ourselves on being a friendly, welcoming museum where families can enjoy time together, learning, or having fun! We hope the below information is useful but please do let us know if you need any further information prior to your visit. Our staff and volunteers are always happy to help and will go above and beyond to make your time here enjoyable.
We are signed up to the kids in museums Mini Manifesto https://kidsinmuseums.org.uk/manifesto/
Due to the coronavirus the museum is now closed until further notice. Please keep following us on social media as we will be keeping in touch during this difficult time.
Our Tea Room is open from 11am to 3pm on days when the the museum is open. It serves drinks, cakes, sandwiches and light bites. The Tea Room also offers children's lunchboxes with healthy options. The Tea Room is run by The Friends of the Museum and completely staffed by volunteers. All profits are fed directly back into museum events, activities and projects. On special event days you might find out friendly volunteers in costume serving home made cakes! The Tea Room is currently cash payment only, we are aiming to rectify this later this year. There is a cash machine very close by.
We are happy to provide fresh free drinking water, please ask if you would like us to fill up your water bottle or if you need a drinking cup.
Choice of filling
Ham, Cheese, Ham & Tomato, Cheese & Onion
All our sandwiches can be toasted on request at no additional charge please ask when placing your order.
Sandwich with choice of filling
Cheese, Ham, Jam
Carton of juice or bottled water
Cheddars, Chocolate mini roll, Kit Kat
Apple, Orange, Banana
Subject to availability on the day
Toast (2 slices) £1.00
Teacake-plain or toasted £1.00
See our Display Cabinet for Today's Special Choices
Toilets and Baby Changing
Our recently refurbished toilets are easily located in the courtyard. One toilet is accessible and one has a baby change facility and nappy bin. We are breastfeeding friendly and welcome you to feed your baby wherever you are comfortable across the site. If you require seating in a quiet area or any assistance please ask one of our friendly staff or volunteers.
The museum has a small car park, there is a pay and display car park opposite owned by Erewash Borough Council free for one hour (please note you still need to obtain a ticket) There are also plenty of car parks in the town centre within walking distance of the museum. You can view our car parking map to find the closest location to park your car. Car parking prices may vary so please check the Tariff information on the councils website. The Erewash Borough Council town centre car parks are free for one hour.
If you are planning a visit to the Erewash Museum, but are unsure how to find us you can use our route planner for directions. Click on 'Find us' on the homepage for more information on buses and train travel.
- The museum has a very small car park- one space is available on site for Blue Badge holders – subject to availability.
- We will be offering two Quiet Hour sessions at our summer beach on 20th August at 9:30am and 27th August at 3:30pm.
- Universal access toilet on site
- Assistance dogs are always welcome across the site
- Hearing Loop available, please contact us for more details
- The museum is a Grade II listed building dating from 1860, we have tried to ensure as much of the site is accessible to wheelchair users as possible. A recently installed platform lift now provides access to the Hayloft Activity Room. The only areas that are not accessible are the upstairs galleries. If you are planning a visit and would specifically like to see an object from the first floor rooms please call in advance and if it's possible to move the object for your viewing we would be happy to accommodate this.
- We can provide information in different languages please ask our reception staff for more details
Our gardens are an oasis in the busy town centre! They are free for everyone to enjoy whenever the museum gates are open. Some play equipment is located in the lower garden which is wheelchair accessible. During the summer holidays the gardens are brought to life with our beach play area, Victorian ice cream cart, and picnic area.